Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour – The Adelaide Gaol Just got a Whole lot Darker!
Not only can the Adelaide Gaol be intensely creepy during the day, but it turns a whole lot darker and much scarier at night, especially on our Adelaide Gaol Ghost tour! If you add stories from our paranormal investigations, intertwine them with some dark history of the building and its inhabitants, end the night with our famous (or should it be infamous) Lockdown, then you know you are in for a good night.
We have been the official investigators of the Old Adelaide Gaol for over a decade and we know what the Gaol is capable of, but perhaps you can help us experience something we never have before. It appears she still has a few surprises up her sleeve yet!
Our team will guide you through on the Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour, where experiences are almost commonplace. You will be introduced to how the Gaol operated in the past, especially the darker history of executions and look at whether this has an impact on the ghostly sightings today.
Visit the gallows in the hanging tower. Stand where the condemned would have stood on the trapdoor before plummeting to their death at the end of a rope… and what of those that went wrong? Could this explain the sometimes strange and often angry happenings in there?
Walk through our graveyard, affectionately known as ‘Murderers Row’, and meet some of the 45 executed prisoners who still remain within the precinct of the Adelaide Gaol, and a couple who may even remain in more ways than one.
What Have Others Experienced on the Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
- Full bodied apparitions (sightings so intense that some are convinced they are real)
- Dark shadowy figures that seem to watch and follow the tour.
- Encounters with our ‘dominant prisoner’ who was murdered, including reports of men being pushed around by forces unseen.
- Disembodied voices and sounds from times gone by and EVP captured on recording equipment.
- Physical touching sometimes gentle… sometimes not so much!
Our tours are also renowned for our famous (or should that be infamous) lockdowns to finish with. What will you discover during those 10 minutes in a dark cell by yourself? Maybe see if you are comforted by an unseen prisoner during Lockdown in the New Building … if you dare enter on your own!
Not into ghosts? We do history and specialised tours. Try our Murder & Madness tour, and follow the journey of some of our condemned prisoners – the executions and the executed, and learn about their stories?
Thanks guys for an awesome night at the gaol. We will definitely be back again for another investigation, or two. Recommend recommend recommend!!!
Thanks alison, spils and team had a awesome night, your knowledge and organization made the night. Hope to investigate with you again at some stage ! Love that new building thanks for signing our book Unreal!!!
Why would you do the Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour with Haunted Horizons™? Do you really have to ask?
- Paranormal Field Investigators (our research arm) were the official investigators of the Gaol for over 10 years.
- We were the ones that developed the Gaol ghost tours back in 2004.
- We have the real stories, the major research, the video/audio, as you will see when on our tour.
- We have unparalleled knowledge of the history, the ghosts, and the ghostly activities there.
- You help support the Gaol and her history, as a portion of each ticket goes back to the Gaol.
- Best of all, for every guest using our tours, we also donate part of your ticket price to beyondblue.
Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour details
This tour is for ages 15+ for night tours (to be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times). Please contact us for special tours for younger age groups. (to be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times)
2hr Ghost Tour – Night
Cost – $44
Time varies – please check for dates and times
4hr Ghost Hunt
Cost – $80
More information on Ghost Hunts and All night Lock downs – click Gaol Ghost Hunts
6hr Paranormal Lockdown
Cost – $125
Time – 9 p.m. until 4 a.m.
2hr Murder & Madness Tour – Daytime or night
please check for dates and times.
Adelaide’s Haunted Horizons reserves the right to cancel an event should numbers not be reached or D.E.W.N.R. (Department that owns the Gaol) decides to use it for their own events. If this happens money will be refunded in full or another date offered.
Please note, although the stories that are told are real, Haunted Horizon’s™ naturally can NOT promise you a ghost on the night, we can however ensure you have an enjoyable and fun night. For this reason these tours and investigations should be viewed as entertainment only.
Book with the local operator you can trust. Haunted Horizons™, has been named best Tour Operator in the South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 and 2016. You will also be booking with the official paranormal investigators (PFI) who’ve been operating there for more than 15 years.
How to check dates/book your tour
- Press ‘Book Now’ below for calendar.
- Pick your tour and date
- In ‘options’ choose ticket numbers
- To pay, simply press ‘book now’
- Choose pay by Credit Card or Paypal
- Any problems then contact us.