Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour: Faces from a ‘Lunatic Asylum’!
Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour – just how are the Adelaide Gaol and the ‘criminally insane’ Z Ward in Glenside linked? Help us explore this connection and learn of some of the patients who found themselves incarcerated in what was then known as Parkside Lunatic Asylum, on this Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour – including those that committed the most despicable crime of all… murder!
We choose 12 of the historical murderers incarcerated in Z Ward. We look at their crime, their victims and what drove them to commit such a heinous act, and finally, we discover their fate.
Warning: This tour does include details of murder, plus it contains stories and images of deceased First Nations people.
Z Ward Dark History Stories include:
- What drove a successful jockey to murder and why couldn’t the Adelaide Gaol handle him?
- A palm reader, who predicted to a friend, ‘You will not live long with one husband’… the husband was found dead a short time later.
- Why did the ‘Mad Russian’ open fire on a platform full of people, and who was the hero who tried to stop him?
- How did one murderer end up residing at a University in Scotland?
- Once incarcerated in Z Ward for murder, did you remain there until your death?
These are just some of the stories from the Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour, with many more forgotten crimes to be uncovered.
Allow us to put the face to Z Ward, find out what happened behind the walls of a Victorian Lunatic Asylum, by coming on a historical journey through the more personal, people history of this intriguing building. Even better, because of the nature of this building, Adelaide Haunted Horizons is now proudly supporting beyondblue and so will you by booking on this tour.
Please note that this is not a ghost tour. For those wanting a tour of the spookier kind please go to Z Ward Asylum Ghost Tours