Railway Museum Ghost Hunt
Port Adelaide Ghost Hunt: National Railway Museum Paranormal Investigation
The Railway Museum Ghost Hunt is by far, the creepiest Port Adelaide Ghost Tour you will find, but one with a difference… YOU get to be the Ghost Hunter!
The National Railway Museum was originally part of the Port Adelaide Station or Port Dock Railway Station as it was known back in its early days. Where the museum now sits, was the good sheds and working area of the Station. Accidents were inevitable and why we run the Railway Museum Ghost Hunt in this location.
Join us on the spookiest tour through our locomotive history and see if ghostly energies of the past still remain within the carriages and walls of this incredible museum.
The Station itself stood where the police headquarters are now located. The Port Dock was opened in 1856 and operated until 1981. It was the original line in South Australia.
The museum, originally at Mile End, was relocated to Port Adelaide and opened in 2001. It now holds an impressive collection of locomotives, carriages and the 19th Century original 1856 Goods Shed.
Is the Railway Museum Haunted?
Why would a train museum be haunted and why would we want to go there to look for ghosts?
Well how about these five reasons for starters:
- Dark shadowy figures moving around and often seen following the tours.
- At least twenty one deaths found to have occurred in this area.
- The steam locomotive that was once involved in Australia’s first terrorism act on Australian soil.
- The man that is heard to whistle (see video below) on a regular basis.
- Objects moving and phones that ring when not plugged in.
Strange Whistling at the National Railway Museum
The Ghost Hunt
Join us on a paranormal investigation, in one of the most paranormally active locations in South Australia – the National Railway Museum in Port Adelaide!
The night includes:
- Tour around the museum, learning about its ghostly tales and deaths, including the 16 year old boy who had a terrible accident.
- Complimentary tea/coffee, while watching exclusive video evidence caught, before learning about the equipment.
- Break into teams and, with equipment, explore the darkest recesses of this museum in the search of paranormal activity.
- Use state-of-the-art equipment to investigate the paranormal activity often experienced. (equipment supplied).
The tour is just amazing from the minute you step inside, you can feel the atmosphere and even your mood changes as you look up at the old railway trains. Evidence of ghostly figures have been reported around the complex and, during the tour, we definitely experienced things that have to be witnessed in person Thank you Alison for the chance to investigate the national railway museum.Ryan Chandler
Had an amazing time at the National Railway Museum tour in Port Adelaide last night! An absolutely incredible experience! Highly recommend!Kendra Webb
Why would you do the National Railway Museum Ghost Hunt with Haunted Horizons™? Do you really have to ask?
- Haunted Horizons and Paranormal Field Investigators (our research arm) has been active here for many years.
- We research the stories to give your tour depth and context.
- Our professional guides will share their years of experience in paranormal research, and help you to investigate yourself.
- We have up-to-date state-of-the-art equipment, which is there for you to use.
- Best of all, for every guest using our tours, we also donate part of your ticket price to beyondblue.
Railway Museum Ghost Hunt Details
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: $80 pp (Inc 10% G.S.T.)
This tour runs on selected Friday Nights (please check for dates).
Group bookings can be arranged any night if minimum numbers are reached. If maximum numbers are not reached we reserve the right to open to the public.
Location: National Railway Museum, 76 Lipson Street, Port Adelaide
Adelaide’s Haunted Horizons reserves the right to cancel an event should numbers not be reached or if property owners decide to use locations for their own events. If this happens money will be refunded in full or another date offered.
Please note, although the stories that are told are real, Haunted Horizon’s™ naturally can NOT promise you a ghost on the night, we can however ensure you have an enjoyable and fun night. For this reason these tours and workshops should be viewed as entertainment only.
Book with the local operator you can trust. Haunted Horizons™, has been named best Tour Operator in the South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 and 2016. You will also be booking with official paranormal investigators (PFI) who’ve been operating more than 14 years.
How to book your tour
- Press ‘Book Now’ below for dates.
- To pay, simply press ‘book now’
- Choose number of tickets
- Choose pay by Credit Card or Paypal
- Any problems then contact us.