Z Ward: Murder & Madness
Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour: Let us put the faces to Z Ward!
Just how are the Adelaide Gaol and the ‘criminally insane’ Z Ward in Glenside linked? Help us explore this connection and learn of some of the ‘criminally insane’ patients that found themselves locked in Z Ward on this Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour, including those that committed murder.
We choose 12 of the historical murderers incarcerated in Z Ward, we look at their crimes, their victims and their stories before finding out their fate.
- A Jockey, who turned to murder after a terrible accident.
- A palm reader, who predicted to a friend, ‘You will not live long with one husband’, before being arrested for her husbands murder.
- The ‘Mad Russian’ who opened fire on a platform full of people, and the hero that tried to stop him.
- Exploring the belief that they remained in Z Ward until their death.
These are just some of the stories from the Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour, with many more forgotten crimes to be visited on this.
Help us put a face to Z Ward by coming on a historical journey through the more personal, people history of this intriguing building, with Haunted Horizons – named ‘Best Tour Operator of 2015 and 2016 in the State Tourism Awards and proudly supporting beyondblue.
Z Ward Asylum Murder & Madness Tour details
When: Dates vary, so please check calendar by pressing ‘book now’ button on this page. Our online booking calendar will show our upcoming dates.
Groups: Group bookings available.These can be run day or night. (not available Thurs, Fri, Sat evenings).
Where: Z Ward, Rear of 63 Conyngham St, Glenside (Not the main Glenside Campus)
Age recommendation: 15+ (please check if younger)
Please note: this particular tour would be unsuitable for people with disability.
Please contact us for more information on which of our venues are more accessible such as the Adelaide Gaol.
If you are after tours of the spookier kind, click: Z Ward Ghost Tours
Adelaide’s Haunted Horizons reserves the right to cancel an event should numbers not be reached or if property owners decide to use locations for their own events. If this happens money will be refunded in full or another date offered.
Book with the local operator you can trust. Haunted Horizons™, has been named best Tour Operator in the South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 and 2016. You will also be booking with professional and experienced guides who’ve been operating more than 15 years.
How to check dates/book your tour
- Press ‘Book Now’ below for dates.
- To pay, simply press ‘book now’
- Choose number of tickets
- Choose pay by Credit Card or Paypal
- Any problems then contact us.
If you are wanting to view our whole calendar of upcoming tours
- Press below ‘Book Now’ button
- In tour options, press ‘any’ in the drop down list.